How does it work?
e-CCC 2021 is actuallynot a live event, but an online media repository with live communication feature, where you can get access to video recordings by our speakers, poster files with a short introduction video, abstracts for each talk/poster.
How to use our Live Event Space?
Each participant will receive an email with their login details before the launch.
After logging in, you will find our talks and posters sorted by lecture type. By using our menu or the shortcuts on the main page, you will find the full list of our accepted lectures.
At the top of these pages you will find a filter, where you can search by title, author (presenting and co-authors), accepted session, etc.
Each presentation site contains a QR code with the contact details of the presenter, and a text chat interface, where you can discuss the topic with the colleagues, and you can also ask the author in writing, it might be helpful if there is an extreme timezone difference between you and the presenter.
Additionally to the text chat, we are providing a live video chat room, where you can discuss topics freely, and ask presenters. Our schedule is already avalable here. If there is no scheduled activity, these rooms can be used for free socializing.
Our service is based on Jitsi, it works well on tablets and smartphones too. Please at the time of your first live chat set your name in order to let your colleagues know, who you are.
Please, conduct the discussions in a polite manner. There is a "Raise your hand" function in our service, please, use this, if you would like to speak. If you are the one currently talking, please, pay attention to raised hands and pass the opportunity to speak to others, after finishing your bit.
If you are not speaking, please have your mic muted, tso that you would not disturb the chat room with random noises. It might not seem loud, but there could potentially be tens of people in the chat room at any one time.
Please, consider the above advice, so that the chats would be useful, effective, and enjoyable for all participants.
Take the opportunity, ask, chat, learn, teach...
- Our online event space is a simple website, only a browser is needed for it.
- The site will be open only between 28 June - 5 July 2021, we cannot provide access to it outside of this period.
- You can enter our event space using your username and password which will be sent to you by the Secretariat before the event.
- We recommend the use of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Opera for e-CCC 2021. Almost all functions work properly in Edge as well. However, it does not support our live chat.
- Your username and password will be created randomly and they will not be derived from your personal or contact details.
- Diamond Congress Ltd. does not take responsibility for the content of the conference materials (e.g.: scientific reliability, originality, trade secrets, etc).
- It is prohibited to download, capture, or store any conference material (e.g. videos, posters) published in the event space without the written permission of the author. All rights are reserved for the authors and the organizers.
- For further information for our presenters, please, check our Terms for Authors.
Code of conduct
- e-CCC 2021 is an inclusive event based on treating all individuals respectfully, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), software preferences, research topic or methodology. So please, always be polite. Be nice. Be considerate. Be civil. It is easy.
- We strongly value free speech. We also value our participants, and do not want anyone to feel marginalised or intimidated. One of the aims of the conference is to provide a platform for us to discuss difficult and challenging scientific questions. Discussion and disagreement are fine (and indeed expected). However, these must be conducted with the respect and civility described above. We also encourage everyone to think about how offhand comments they make may contribute to making others feel unwelcome in the group.
- If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please,contact the Secretariat. We commit to maintaining the anonymity of anyone reporting harassment.
- Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- If a participant engages in any of the aforementioned behaviour, we may take any action we deem appropriate, from warning the offender to immediately expelling the offender from the workshop with no refund.
How to format my video?
By reading this manual, you will get each and every technical details, how to prepare your video presentation for your OS and Office solution.
View details »
How to prepare my poster?
Read this page to learn what type and size are the best to be displayed at our virtual conference space.
View details »
How does it work?
e-CCC 2020 is not a live event, but an online media repository where you can access the video recordings of our speakers
View details »